US credit card company American Express will be in talks to launch operations in Cuba, following the Obama administration's historic softening of trade restrictions with Cuba. Its American customers were not allowed to use its debit and credit cards while travelling on the island until the recent changes allowed this.
After years of travel restrictions towards Cuba, American tourists may soon be able to fly direct to the island via American Airlines. The US government has lifted many restrictions on travelling to Cuba, after an historic deal to re-establish full diplomatic ties was struck. However, they won't be the first to offer flights, and a competition is now brewing between US carriers.
Cuba will attend the 35th BIT International Tourism Fair (Borsa Internazionale del Turismo), taking place in Milan, Italy, on the 12-14 February, 2015. It aims to promote the Cuban tourist fair, FITCuba 2015, which in turn will be dedicated to Italy.
Havana has been voted one of the 7 wonder cities of the world in a vast international poll, proudly winning its place alongside cities like Durban, Doha and Kuala Lumpur and beating over a thousand nominated cities from over 200 countries.
Get in touch with our experts
- March 26, 2019 What Prince Charles and Camilla got up to in Havana during their second day in Cuba
- March 22, 2019 Prince Charles to become first British royal to visit Cuba in over half a century
- January 31, 2019 National Geographic publishes 25 captivating pictures of Cuba
- January 21, 2019 Seven Melia hotels in Cuba nominated for the 26th edition of the World Travel Awards
- January 15, 2019 American Airlines and JetBlue battle it out to be granted new licences for Cuba flights
Explore cuba your wayTailor made cuba holidays
For those who prefer to travel at their own pace or to explore places not included in the brochure itineraries, we have years of experience at organising tailor-made holidays.
Create the perfect trip with the help of our specialists
Our expert tour consultants will be pleased to suggest ideas to complement your own and to organise the most appropiate programme to suit your interests, time and budget.